recipe: tupperware bread

LIR119@delphi.com
Mon, 19 Aug 1996 07:58:38 -0500 (EST)
v096.n034.2
Since there was discussion about tupperware, I thought some may enjoy this
recipe. It may have been posted before or in the archives, but here it is
again for those who wish to make it. I personally havent made it though.

MM: No-Knead Tupperware Bread
---------- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.02

      Title: No-Knead Tupperware Bread
 Categories: Breads, Yeast
      Yield: 3 loaves

  "After tasting this bread at a friend's house, I asked
  for the recipe. I was surprised at how easy it was to
  make:  All you do is combine the ingredients in a
  large Tupperware container, and seal the lid. The
  dough "burps" the lid off the container when it has
  finished rising ------- Diane Davis, Birmingham,
  Alabama"

  3 pkg. dry yeast
  3 3/4 C. warm water (105 - 115^)
  10 cups all-purpose flour
  6 Tbl sugar
  6 Tbl. stick margarine, melted
  1 Tbl. salt
  2 eggs, lightly beaten
  Vegetable Cooking Spray

  Dissolve yeast in warm water in a 7 quart Tupperware
  container; let stand 5 minutes.  Add flour and next 4
  ingredients, stirring until well-blended. Cover
  container with Tupperware lid and seal. Let stand at
  room temperature for 1 hour or until lid "pops" off.

  Spoon the dough evenly into 3 (9"X 5") loaf pans
  coated with cooking spray. Cover and let the dough
  rise in a warm place (85^), free from drafts, 30
  minutes or until doubled in bulk. Bake at 350^ for 40
  minutes or until loaves sound hollow when tapped.
  Yield: 3 loaves - 16 servings per loaf.

-----

Joan,"Flour Power"

`[1;37;43mRainbow V 1.18.3 for Delphi - Registered