Grinding flour at home

Cherie Ambrosino <Cherie_Ambrosino@cch.com>
24 Jun 96 11:44:13
v096.n026.13
Hi everyone - Michael asked about grinding rice in his meat grinder for rice
flour - I don't know if I'm thinking of the same machine but my manual meat
grinder wouldn't grind very fine - I've just started experimenting with
grinding for myself - I didn't want to invest in a meat grinder but a remark on
this list and my mother's luck at a clearance sale brought me a large coffee
bean grinder [not the little 1/2 cup size I got seven of at our wedding] it
takes about a pint of beans - or wheat et al - I haven't tried rice yet - but I
think that might be a better bet for you [the small one will work - just takes
a long time to get four cups for a recipe]  If the meat grinder works let us
know!!  Anyone else have any experiences to share on grinding?  I'm hoping [and
dropping casual hints] that I'll get a kitchenaid 5qt mixer for a housewarming
gift when we move into our new house - I'm thinking of getting the grinder
attachment for it - any thoughts!  Have a great day - Cherie