Home Bread-Bakers v096.n018.6

yeast and salt

Ron and Sheila Kimball <kimball@oz.net>
Sat, 8 Jun 1996 16:40:51 GMT
I have been making bread for 1 1/2 years in my Oster machine, I put the warm
water in, then butter or oi, flour, sugar, salt, yeast, all in a pile, it
starts mixing within seconds, so I think that this salt and yeast seperate
thing is just silly!  The only think I've done differently is that when I'm
using the delay cycle, I make a little hole in the pile of dry ingredients
to put the yeast in so that it will not touch the water.

Pam, I'm not blind and I still can't picture what you're doing with the pile
to one side, you must have a VERY different machine than I do, my pan is
maybe 6 inches across on the bottom, you pour water in and it covers the
bottom, so there is no 'to the side' to put the dry stuff.
Sheila and Ron Kimball