yeast and salt

Ron and Sheila Kimball <kimball@oz.net>
Sat, 8 Jun 1996 16:40:51 GMT
v096.n018.6
I have been making bread for 1 1/2 years in my Oster machine, I put the warm
water in, then butter or oi, flour, sugar, salt, yeast, all in a pile, it
starts mixing within seconds, so I think that this salt and yeast seperate
thing is just silly!  The only think I've done differently is that when I'm
using the delay cycle, I make a little hole in the pile of dry ingredients
to put the yeast in so that it will not touch the water.

Pam, I'm not blind and I still can't picture what you're doing with the pile
to one side, you must have a VERY different machine than I do, my pan is
maybe 6 inches across on the bottom, you pour water in and it covers the
bottom, so there is no 'to the side' to put the dry stuff.
Sheila and Ron Kimball
kimball@oz.net