Bread throughout history

Michael Wagoner <infosys@rmii.com>
Sun, 12 May 96 23:16 MDT
v096.n013.5
I'm trying to do research on bread throughout history.  In particular I am
looking for folklore or authenticated stories of breads use in different
cultures - breads origin, the move from being baked in each home/tent, to
the change to local bakers, and then the move back into individual homes.
Economic impact as well as any significance in different religions would be
especially helpful.  Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks - Michael Wagoner

P.S. I've been baking since early junior high days when I started baking
cinnamon raisin rolls.  Now I have a Zo, a Kitchenaid and occasionally knead
by hand.
Michael Wagoner
mwagoner@lcc-dtc.org
Lehman Communications