Re: How to cut those yummy loaves of bread

fearp@VAX.CS.HSCSYR.EDU (Peter Fear)
Fri, 26 Apr 1996 11:28:34 -0400
v096.n007.10
On Mon, 8 Apr 96 PJ Bailey said:

> Has anyone come across a good "kitchen gadget" to cut your loaves of bread?
> Mine just never come out uniform when cutting by hand.  Would be nice to
> find a smaller version of the bread cutters they use in bakeries.

We just got an item from QVC. It's called "Slices Perfect Kitchen Slicing
System" (L24260, $17.93 + $4.47 SH). We think it works great. It has 4
"settings" -  thick (about 3/4 inch), regular (1/2 in.), thin (1/4 in), and
extra thin.  The extra thin is sort of useless for bread unless you like to
be able to see through it.  You get the cutting system and a serrated knife
with a very long (about 15") blade.

It is made by a company that they found on their 1995 QVC Local Tour.  It
always sells out when it is on the air but they may take a back order for
it.

I have no connection to QVC except that we order too much stuff from them.

Pete

Peter Fear
Radiation Safety Office
SUNY Health Science Center