Re: Digest bread-bakers.v096.n003

"flash gordon, md" <flash@well.com>
Sun, 7 Apr 1996 07:53:40 -0700
v096.n006.12
>From: BillyFish@aol.com
>Subject: Restoring pizza crispness?
>Date: Mon, 1 Apr 1996 19:11:08 -0500
>
>Having just started making pizza, I am surprised at how good it can be fresh
>out of the oven.  Because it cannot be eaten all at one, I store leftovers in
>the refrigerator.  Only a few hours later, it is already soggy.
>
>Does anyone have suggestions on how to store and/or revive excess pizza so
>that most of its original goodness is retained?
>
>I am using corn meal on a ceramic pizza stone.

you could always try making a smaller pizza. . .

                        %^)

since you mention "crispness", i'd guess you're microwaving it with soggy
results. you might try heating up your pizza stone and putting it on that
for a little while, or even heating up a big skillet and warming it on that.

flash@well.com [] flash@toad.com [] flash@sirius.com [] flash@river.org
flash gordon, m.d., f.a.c.e.p. [] http://www.well.com/user/flash