ANADAMA BREAD

MRSBOWLER@aol.com
Wed, 3 Apr 1996 00:03:05 -0500
v096.n003.17
<From: Melissa Moore <mcm@ccstaff.cc.ukans.edu>
<Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 14:12:01 +0000
<Subject: Anadama Bread

<Does anyone have an abm recipe for Anadama bread?  In case
<you know it by another name, it is a cornmeal and molasses
<bread.  It makes wonderful toast.  I have a recipe that
<I've had for years and years and, before children, I made it
<quite frequently.  Now that I am rarely home, I would like
<to find an abm equivalent.  I did try once to modify my
<original recipe.  Yikes, what a mess.  It rose and stuck to
<the little window on the top of the machine.  It overflowed
<and baked solid so that the metal pan handle was baked into
<the loaf and the whole thing was baked into the machine.
<It has really punished me from trying to modify recipes!

Melissa:  I think this is probably what you're looking for:

ANADAMA BREAD
from The Bread Machine Cookbook III; Donna Rathmell German

1 1/2 cups water
2 1/4 tsp. oil or butter
6 T. molasses
3/4 tsp. salt
3/8 cup cornmeal
3 cups bread flour
2 1/2 tsp. yeast

Use white or sweet setting, and light to medium crust setting.

Hope you like it!  :-)

Jackie