chocolate bread

jguevara@spin.com.mx (Jenka Guevara)
Sun, 24 Mar 1996 18:12:11 -0600 (CST)
v006.n087.5
Because my daughter was coming I decided to make a wacky cake, recipe below
for those that do not have it.  As I was doing other things I forgot to put
the ... sugar, of all things in a cake!
Well, and the result was ... good!
It is like a chocolaty bread.  I put some honey on mine, and everyone else
tried it with different things, so my mistake came up as a hit.
Jenka

Wacky Cake

1 1/2 C. cake flour, I put half whole wheat
1 C. sugar
3 T. cocoa (unsweetened like Hershey's)
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
6 T. applesauce, I still had pumpkinsauce and that is what I used
1 T. white vinegar
1 t. vanilla
1 C. cold water

Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl.  Add liquids, covering with
water.  Mix thoroughly, and pour into 8 inch square pan sprayed with
Pam.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.

Frost with your favorite white frosting.**

NOTE:  If you aren't fussy, you can make this as a "snack cake",
mixing, baking and serving from the same pan.  No need to spray with
Pam.
         Jenka Guevara
   American School Foundation
          Mexico City