[none]

mpayne@MORGAN.UCS.MUN.CA (Michelle Payne)
Sun, 24 Mar 1996 11:16:23 -0330
v006.n087.4
    I just started subscribing so I don't know quite how to do this. I have
a great recipe for french bread, but it says to bake it in a baguette pan. I
know what baguettes are and would like to be able to make them, it's my
favourite bread. I have no idea where I can get a baguette pan, here in
Newfoundland, Canada. If someone could tell me I'd appreciate it.
    I saw a question about rye flour in digest V6 #84 from
owenr@TEN-NASH.TEN.K12.TN.US. I shop for flour at a health food store and
they have light, medium, dark and pumpernickel rye-flour. Light rye flour is
finely ground and has the bran and endosperm removed and therefore all the
vitamins, minerals and oils are missing. Medium has the bran removed. Dark
and pumpernickel are milled from the whole grain with the bran and endosperm
intact. The last two flours give rye bread the hearty taste like bread in
Europe. I bought my dark rye flour at a specialty food shop, but if you live
in a small town it will probably be hard to find. You should be able to find
it if you live in a large town or city.
Michelle
Memorial University