about that yeast

Ann Gunnett <agunnett@umabnet.ab.umd.edu>
Sat, 23 Mar 1996 08:45:52 -0500 (EST)
Pace before they were bought by Sams) for years.  I use roughly a
Tablespoon to replace 1 pkg of dry yeast...I also keep it in the
refrigerator after putting it into smaller containers.  I've used it up
to a year later....however, a caveat.  Because I keep it so long, and
just on general principles, I proof the yeast before baking by dissolving
in small amount of water with a little of the sugar/honey, etc from the
recipe.
Food service just means large volume for restaurants, etc. You should be
able to use your regular recipes.
Ann

Ann Gunnett, MSN, MS, RN        Assistant Professor of Nursing
University of Maryland at Baltimore (410)706-3676
email: gunnett@nurse-1.ab.umd.edu or agunnett@umabnet.ab.umd.edu
http://www.nursing.ab.umd.edu/agunnett