Hitachi Bread Pan

"John E. Johns" <jej@TSO.Cin.IX.net>
Wed, 20 Mar 1996 16:00:04 -0500
v006.n085.5
Hitachi Bread Pan

Barbara Geiger asked about a frozen shaft on an Hitachi HB-B101.  I just
had a similar problem with the pan from an HB-B201.  I turned the pan over,
 removed the C-clip and took off the piece with ears which engages the
mechanism in the bottom of the bread maker.  With a mallet, I tapped the
shaft until it fell out, using a punch when it got level with the bushing.
 I cleaned everything including the gasket part which shows around the
shaft inside the pan.  I lubricated the shaft with petroleum jelly and
reassembled everything.   I have baked three loaves since and it has worked
 fine.

John