FW: Hot Cross Buns & Seed Bread

Judith Burley <jburley@trianon.worldtel.com>
Sun, 17 Mar 1996 15:59:54 -0800
v006.n084.1
Hi:
Does someone have a good recipe for traditional Hot Cross Buns?  My new
daughter in law is English as was going on about being homesick and
missing the smell of these baking on Easter morning so i thought I would
make her some.
Thanks for all your help
Oh, I have a Hitachi Bread Machine but also make traditional style every
once in a while - just so i won't forget how.

And here is a great recipe for Seed Bread from Jan/95 - Canadian Living
Magazine.

			Seed Bread
(I have given both large (1&1/2 lbs. Loaf) and small (1 lb. loaf))

In your bread machine place in order given:

				Large     		Small
Water				1 &1/4 c.		3/4 c.
Liquid Honey			2 tbsp.			4 tsp.
Vegetable Oil			2 tbsp.			4 tsp.
Salt				1&1/2 tsp.		1 tsp.
All Purpose Flour		2 c.			1&1/3 c.
Whole Wheat Flour		1 c.			2/3 c.
Flax Seeds			1/4 c.			3 tbsp.
Sesame Seeds			2 tbsp.			4 tsp.
Poppy Seeds			1 tbsp.			2 tsp.
Yeast - quickacting		2 tsp.			1&1/4 tsp.

This smells so wonderful as it bakes - can also be made manually.
Judi
jburley@worldtel.com