Irish Soda Bread

Marta Martin <marta@citynet.net>
Wed, 14 Feb 1996 04:31:27 -0500
v006.n071.5
Hi All,

First, just wanted to echo Priscilla's sentiments on the Tupperware Bread
Machine Bread Keepers.....they work very well.  I have two of them!

This is a wonderfully simple recipe.....needs no ABM, and if you use the
Buttermilk Baking Powder with skim it should bring the fat count down to
almost nothing since there are no eggs or butter in this.  It really is
quite good.

IRISH SODA BREAD

4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
2 tbs caraway seeds
1/2 box raisins
2 1/2 cups buttermilk

Mix together first four ingredients.  Mixing well, add final three.  Pour
into two greased loaf pans and bake for 55 minutes at 350 degrees.

Nice and moist!  Keeps well, too.

Have a great week,

Marta
Marta Martin-(marta@citynet.net)

Love is the ultimate outlaw.  It just won't adhere to any rules.  The most
any of us can do is sign on as its' accomplice.
Tom Robbins

Do not fear for I am with you, Do not be dismayed for I am your God.
Isaiah 41:10

Shake your hips and hope for the best.  Camille, age 9