Hitachi

"Robert Rauzi & Cindy Bombassei" <rrauzi@iquest.net>
Mon, 18 Dec 1995 13:53:45 +0000
v006.n054.13
I was interested to see that other people have problems with their
Hitachi as well.  I have had mine for a year now and just about went
crazy with it for the first 4 months.  My mother has one also and
doesn't like hers either.

I too have problems with the bread rising.  It seems to do fine on
the first rise, (sometimes) and then doesn't rise enough on the
second rise.

I have tried everything, and have decided that it is just a bad
machine.  I am waiting for it to die so that I can go buy a better
one.  I have tried all different brands of bread flours, about 5
different kinds of yeast, I have switched to distilled water, you
name it I've tried it.  Now I let the machine mix the dough and let
it do the first rise.  I then take it out, put it in a pan, preheat
the oven to 150 turn off the oven, let it rise again and bake it in the
oven.  It always comes out perfect
when I do this.  I have a clay bread pan I use that works well or do
a free form on a pizza stone.  I make a lot of sourdough and find
that there is no way they will come out good in the machine.  They
come out so much better in the oven that I don't even consider the
machine anymore.  I'm planning on buying a Zojirushi just as soon as
my machine goes.

Another frustrated Hitachi owner,
Cindy

I Wish I were Golfing