High altitude flops

djclark@csn.net (Donna Clark)
Sun, 10 Dec 1995 12:09:41 -0700
v006.n053.13
About eight months ago I purchased a small Panasonic bread machine.  I live
in Telluride, CO  which is 8750 ft. above sea level.

My results have been mostly flops.  Usually  the bread is cooked on the
outside and doughy inside.  Several times the bread has risen so rapidly it
sticks to the top of the machine--what a mess.  I have had to wet it down
with towels and scrape the mess off the top of the machine. :-(

I have tried many  different recipes, and once I tried weighing my
ingredients--that was the biggest mess of all.

Any advice would be appreciated. I am ready to throw this bread machine
down the side of the mountain!

Donna Clark

djclark@csn.net
Donna J. Clark