[none]

Katie E Green <kgreen@u.washington.edu> (by way of reggie@jeff-and-reggie.com)
Sat, 30 Sep 1995 00:17:45 -0700
v006.n038.16
(Reggie Dwork))
Subject: Re: Recipe--Clothespin Twists (fwd)
Sender: owner-bread-bakers@lists.best.com

Well I have not found the Clothespin cookie recipes, but I have a
better idea of what we are dealing with here.  I don't have the
name of the requester with me and wanted to post this today.

This is for "Clothespin Twists".  It is a stuffed bread roll.
Perhaps very adaptable to picnic or tailgaiting.  Remember those
beautiful round clothespins.  Well apparently you wrap the dough around
the clean clothespins and bake (pin in tact).  Now for a cookie, I
would simply substitute a nice rich sugar cookie dough.  Apply the
same principle.  I know you can still get the round pins from arts
and crafts dealers, or check the advertising pages of magazines for the
same.  This is nice simple food/cooking, really.

Now me, I'd use a nice quality bread/roll dough, stuff them with pate
or meatballs/spaghetti, or perhaps Ann Lander's Olive Sandwich Spread,
and ask Souris to suggest a nice cheese and wine.  Anyway, here is...

                          CLOTHESPIN TWISTS

  You'll need ten nice clean clothespins...

  1 package refrigerated biscuits
  1 can deviled ham
  2 tablespoons chopped stuffed olives, or pickle relish

  Roll each biscuit flat and wrap around a greased clothespin.  Place
  on a cookie sheet and bake at 450F for about 10 minutes until rolls
  are golden brown.  Cool until able to handle, but still warm.

  Remove clothespin from each roll, slit open, and fill with deviled
  ham mixed with olives or relish.

  I had a very hard time visualizing this.  Unless, they look like
  hollowed out hot dog buns, and they are literally stuffed with
  the mixture.  (Try to visualize wiener wraps.)

  Good luck.  Katie