Sweet cycle for consistent bread in Seiko machines

Julia Emerson Kiely <eahu174@ea.oac.uci.edu>
Mon, 21 Aug 1995 20:00:00 -0700 (PDT)
v006.n034.7
Cheryl Backes found that the Fruit and Nut cycle gave the most consistent
bread in her Breadman Plus.  I had the exact same bread problems with my
Chefmate, until I started baking everything on the Sweet cycle (this
model does not have a Fruit and Nut setting.)  "Basic" setting caused
fallen bread, mushrooming, overcooked doorstops, etc.

Then I looked it up, and found that Seiko makes both the Breadman and the
Chefmate!  It's probably the same machinery with different labeling and
options.

So the lower-temperature long cycle in the Seiko machines (whatever the
label) appears to work most consistently.

Julia Kiely
eahu147@ea.oac.uci.edu