Re: BREAD Digest V6 #19

Cdluria@aol.com
Wed, 10 May 1995 14:17:01 -0400
v006.n020.1
Can anyone recommend a good 'Recipe Manager' program, either Shareware or a
commercial program that has a demo copy one an try out? For MSDOS or WINDOWS.
I have about 500 recipes in ASCII format that I have collected over the years
and would like to import them into a program that  can re-size, search by
ingredients or categories, or keyword, etc.

A nice-to-have (though not essential) feature would be the ability to record
the date the recipe was last served, and to whom.

I downloaded a program called MEAL-MASTER. For building up a recipe file from
scratch, it wouldn't be bad. But for importing existing recipes it I find it
exceedingly rigid. Not only do I have to rewrite each recipe to fit the
program's format, but the error-handling routines do not allow for easy
access or correction -- at least, not in the version posted on the BBS.