Easter Bread

gunterman@ccmailpc.ctron.com
Thu, 06 Apr 95 09:48:50 EST
v006.n015.8
To: jaws@cray.com, bread-digest@cykick.infores.com
Subject: Easter Bread

Here is our family recipie for Easter Bread.
it is close to what oyu described except for the almonds(wich you could add) I
sometimes throw in some citron.
Hope this is what oyu were looking for.

                   *  Exported from  MasterCook Mac  *

                       Babka (Polish Easter Bread)

Recipe By     : Aliette Ziolkowski (Grandma)
Categories    : Polish

   2      cups          flour
     1/2  cup           sugar
   1      package       yeast
     1/2  cup           milk
     1/2  cup           margarine
   3      whole         eggs -- room temp
   1      can           raisins, seedless
                        ------------------
     1/2  cup           brown sugar -- boiled
     1/3  cup           water -- boiled
     1/4  cup           rum -- boiled

mix 3/4 cup flour and yeast. combine milk and margarine in a sauce pan
till WARM only.  and pour into bowl. add remaining DRY ingredients.
and Beat for 2 minutes in electric mixer.. add eggs 1 @ a time and up
to a 1/2 cup flour to make a thick batter and then beat for an
additional 2 minutes. Cover and let rise till doubled. stir in raisins
and turn out into a 2 quart greased tube pan. let rise uncovered for
30 minutes. Bake @ 350 for 40 minutes. before removing form pan and
while still hot from oven : prick to witha fork and pour rum syrup
over cake.