Re: Zo Paddle Removal

"Rob Ryerson" <RYERSONRA@compctr.ccs.csus.edu>
Tue, 28 Feb 1995 14:58:31 PST
v006.n010.14
> > most common complaint about the Zo
> > is the kneading blade being stuck in the pan after you bake your bread.
> > They suggest oiling the shaft before placing the blade on it. To

Must have missed the original comments on this. I've never had any
trouble getting the paddle out. It always stays in when I remove a
loaf (I considered that a feature, instead of having to use pliers to
pull it out of a loaf). I set the pan aside to cool. Then just reach
in and remove the paddle. Occasionally with some loaves, I soak the
pan after it's cooled with water.

However, I'm on my second pan. The original one lost the o-ring for
the kneeding rod after about 4 months/70 loaves. When I called, I
also mentioned that the paddle was a little 'sloppy'. When the
replacement pan came, they had included a new paddle. All they asked
was that I return the original pan, rod, and paddle. That was almost
2 years ago, and haven't had any problems since. With both
pans/paddles, I never had any trouble removing the paddle after
baking a loaf.

Rob