New Bread Machine!

kla@karen.webo.dg.com (Karen Plaskon)
Mon, 16 Jan 95 16:55:43 EST
v006.n004.3
Hi all.  I've been using a small Welbilt machine quite happily for about
2 1/2-3 years now.  Until I just got a LARGE Hitachi.  How cool!  I made
4 loaves of bread over the weekend, trying to adapt some of my favorites
to the new, bigger size.  I love it!  Here are some of the things I found
great:

- Much larger size (can make extra large loaves that take 4 cups of flour.
	My other machine only handled 2)
- Better crust - crispier, not so soggy
- Much quieter - was able to run it overnite with weekend guests in an
	ajoining room
- Easier to clean.  The Welbilt had a hole in the bottom where the dough
	hook went, so some "goop" always leaked out the bottom.  Also, I
	can take the bowl out and fill it anywhere, then put it back in
	the machine.  This will also make it easier to clean when I make
	dough.
- Window in the top to see what's cooking without opening it (and getting
	my glasses all steamed up!)
- Jam maker (I haven't tried this yet, but it looks yummy.  Has anyone used
	this feature of their machines?)

I can't wait to get home and make some more!

--
 Karen L. Plaskon  (karen_plaskon@dg.com)
 Data General Corp., Enterprise Solutions Engineering