Soft Pretzel Recipe

ellen@brakes.elekta.com (Ellen C.)
Wed, 12 Oct 1994 11:43:22 -0500
v005.n040.15
Several of you have asked for this recipe, so here it is.

Have any of you made soft pretzels ?  Do you let them rise or not ?
Unfortunately, this recipe doesn't specify.  Thanks, and I hope you enjoy
it.

Here's one from the fatfree mailing list archives.  I have not yet tried
it, so I make no gaurantees.  But it sure sounds great!

                   *  Exported from  MasterCook Mac  *

                           GARLIC HERB PRETZELS

Recipe By     : FF Mailing List  (Jane Waddell)
Categories    : Breads & Muffins                 Snacks

   2      packages      yeast
   1 1/2  cups          warm water
   1      teaspoon      salt
   1      teaspoon      sugar
   2      cloves        garlic
   1      tablespoon    basil
   1      tablespoon    parsley
   4      cups          flour -- up to 5 cups

Dissolve yeast in water. Add salt & sugar. Blend in 2 c. flour.
Crush garlic and add with herbs. Add 2 c. more flour, and more
if dough is too sticky. Roll into snakes & shape. Sprinkle with
Kosher salt if desired. Bake at 425 for 10 - 15 minutes or until
browned.

--
Ellen C.
ellen@brakes.elekta.com