Recipe: Sour Cream n Chive Potato Bread

HS.Roch811sd@xerox.com
Thu, 19 May 1994 09:05:14 PDT
v005.n020.8
This recipe comes from a Fleischmann's breadmaker cookbook. I have
tried 3 recipes so far and each was successful. I have a DAK/Welbuilt
machine.  For this recipe I used non fat sour cream, no name brand
snipped chives and leftover real mashed potatoes with no problem.
Enjoy     --Heather--

Sour Cream n Chive Potato Bread

1 pound		Ingredients			1 1/2 pound

Potato mixture:
1/2 cup	water					3/4 cup
1/3 cup	chopped peeled potatoes		1/2 cup
1/4 cup	dairy sour cream/ low fat yogurt	1/3 cup

Dough:
1 Tab.		butter or margarine			1 Tab.
3/4 tsp.	salt					1 tsp.
2 1/4 cups	bread flour				3 1/2 cups
1 Tab.		Spice Islands snipped chives		4 tsp.
2 tsp.		sugar					1 Tab.
1 1/4 tsp.	bread machine yeast			1 1/2 tsp.

Potato mixture: In a small saucepan combine water and potato. Bring to
boiling; reduce heat. Cook, covered, 8 to 9 minutes or until potato is
very tender. Do not drain; cool. Mash potato in the water. Measure
potato mixture. Add cour cream and enough milk to make 1 cup (1 1/3
cups for 1 1/2  loaf.)

Dough: Add potato mixture and dough ingredients to bread machine pan
in the order suggested by manufacturer, treating potato mixture as a
liquid.
Recommended cycle: Basic/ white bread cycle; medium/ normal color setting

To save time: Use instant potato flakes instead of fresh potato. Use
1/4 cup for 1 pound loaf (1/3 cup for 1 1/2 pound loaf). Place flakes
in a 2 cup measure and add 1/4 cup (1/3 cup)  sour cream and enough
water to equal 1 cup (1 1/3 cup.)