FWD: Re: BREAD Digest V5 #19

Jim Carey <JCAREY@cykick.infores.com>
Tue, 17 May 1994 12:21:39 EDT
v005.n020.4
[This was snt to me by mistake.  Jim]

From: toma@romulus.cray.com (Thomas Arneberg  {x66642 CF/DEV})

> Date: 10 May 1994 13:00:53 -0500
> From: "Krissy Recktenwald" <Krissy_Recktenwald@star9gate.mitre.org>
> Subject: QUESTION-  delayed bake opt
>
> I returned a bread machine because every loaf I attempted on the delayed
> bake option (up to 13 hours) did not rise.  I had tried each recipe on
> normal bake and the loaves rose perfectly, so I suspect that the yeast
> got damp while it was sitting in the bread machine, even though I had
> layered liquids, solids, yeast as directed.

> Has anyone had success with delayed bake (if so what brand machine), or
> do I have to buy a machine with a yeast dispenser?
> thanks, krissy

Of the 252 loaves I've made with my Zojirushi machine in the last 15
months, I'd say 80% of them were on time-delay (usually overnight).  I
don't think I've ever had a failure of any kind.  I do make sure that
the flour completely covers all the liquid, before sprinkling the yeast
over the top.

  - Tom A.
;-) I'd rather be ____  Thomas Arneberg, PE | Internet: toma@cray.com
:-) singing in a |____| MPP IC Design Group | going to PromiseKeepers '94
:-) Barbershop  _|   _| Cray Research, Inc. | Just another roadkill on
:-) Quartet!   (_)  (_) Chippewa Falls, Wis.| the Information Superhighway