Gluten has won me over/ Jell-O in bread?

HS.Roch811sd@xerox.com
Mon, 18 Apr 1994 13:37:49 PDT
v005.n016.1
>Gluten is available in many grocery stores and health food stores for
>$2.50/Lb. (Arrowhead Mills)

I bought some of this over the weekend and decided to try it in my never
fail wheat roll recipe. Using the same recipe, but adding 2 teaspoons of
gluten, my rolls were even better than normal. Better texture. I will
definitely add the gluten to wheat bread dough from now on.

On another list a few months ago there was a debate about Red Star vs.
Fleischman's yeast and King Arthur vs. bread machine flour. Since RS and
KA were highly recommended, I switched from other brands. Yuck! I have
never had results as bad as with the 'preferred products.' I have
switched back to my old standbys. Perhaps my climate/ bread machine
(R2D2) just works better with the other brands. Interesting how
people have varied success/ failure with the same products!

Someone mentioned to me that they saw a bread machine recipe for a
strawberry bread that contained dry Jell-O mix. I cannot imagine such
a thing and of coure they don't recall where they saw it. Has anyone
seen/ tasted anything like that?

Thanks,
Heather