Recipes: Whole Wheat Bagel Bread and Applesauce Bread

HS.Roch811sd@xerox.com
Wed, 6 Apr 1994 10:51:00 PDT
v005.n014.9
Here are a few recipes from the low fat archives that I described in an earlier
note.

Has anyone tried using an egg substitute in place of whole eggs in their bread
machien recipes? The package says they can be used in place of eggs in cooking
or baking. Any success or failure stories would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Heather

--------<forwarded text follows>----------

Whole Wheat Bagel Bread from   (1 1/2 pound loaf)	Servings: 12

1 1/2 ts Active dry yeast
  1 1/2 ts Gluten
      3 c  Whole wheat flour
      2 ts Salt
      3 tb Honey
      1 c  -warm water

If you don't like making bagels but want the texture of bagels with the low-fat
nutritional benefits; try this bread. It tastes like a bagel and is especially
good sliced and toasted.

There is one note for the Panasonic/National machines and that is to use 3 tsp
yeast for 1 1/2 lb loaf.  I believe that this is for the older  Panasonics as I
do remember Linda Rehberg saying that the newer models came out after their
book was published and that the yeast amounts in her book  were not for the
newer Panasonics. Upon re-reading I found I missed one thing. I did add a few
more tsps of water as the dough ball was not forming to my liking.  Let me know
if you make this and how you like it.

1437    *Total calories	54    *Total protein		 7    *Total fat
1    *Total saturated fat  	4269    *Total sodium		45    *Total fibre
4    *Calories from fat	313    *Total carbohydrates

--------<forwarded text follows>----------

Applesauce Bread  (1 1/2 pound loaf)

  1 pk Yeast
  2 1/4 c  Bread flour
    3/4 c  Wheat flour
    1/2 t  Salt
      4 T  White sugar
    1/2 t  Cinnamon
      1 pn Nutmeg
    2/3 c  Warm applesauce
    1/2 c  Warm applejuice
    1/2 c  Grated fresh apple

  Put all ingredients into the pan, select white bread, and push start. From
  Loafing It by DAK