Re: BREAD Digest V5 #9

mikeg@endgame.gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon, 14 Mar 94 14:51:45 -0500
v005.n011.2
>I too did not relize that this list is for bread machines only. Is it
>possible to include a topic for those of us who believe in the "old
>fashioned" way. I would love to share recipes and knowlege with others
>but can find no other venue to do this. Does anyone else wish to
>participate?

	Yes and No. The creative process is somewhat similar either via
machine or via hand. Because basically a recipe that makes 1 loaf by hand
can just be tossed into a bread maker (while one that makes 2 loaves, just
needs to be halved).

	As long as the info is slighted toward the machine I think it would
be fine. No one here has to know you don't have a machine.

	If your recipes center around 1 loaf recipes that make 1 to 1.5 lb
loaves. (1lb being about 2-2.5 cups of flour, 1.5lb being 3-3.5 cups of
flour.) And you need to enlighten us about the look of the dough, not the
feel. (Since machines can't feel, but we can open the top and look at it.
:-) And a few other slight changes that may need to be made to allow us
(who own machines) follow along.

	Or hey, go out and get a machine. Then you can have fresh bread all
the time, not just specialty breads some of the time.

	What do you think?

Later,
	Mike	mikeg@asylum.gsfc.nasa.gov