Re: Lemon Poppyseed Bread

"James J. Murawski" <jjm+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Mon, 15 Feb 1993 11:05:39 -0500 (EST)
v004.n007.3
On 28-Jan-93 in Re: Lemon Poppyseed Bread
user Carol Springs@world.std. writes:
>In Vol. 4, Issue 4, Patti Beadles <patti@hosehead.intel.com> writes:
>
>> Also, I make this with refrigerated lemonade and
>> the hottest tap water I can get, but I always use the timer.  The
>> proper way to do it would be to heat the lemonade and water to 130oF
>> or so.
>
>Thanks for the recipe for lemon poppyseed bread!  I plan to try it out
>soon.

I made the lemon poppyseed bread last week, and it's delicious.  The
only thing I'll change next time I make it is to use 2 tsp. of rapid rise
yeast instead of one packet.  It grew a bit too much and stuck to the
lid of my breadmaker (Hitachi B201).

>Just a caveat:  I would caution people, in general, to heat cold tap
>water rather than using hot water from the tap.  Hot tap water can
>contain stuff leached from the pipes that people would just as soon not
>have in their bread.  I find that heating the water isn't all that much
>extra trouble.

I poured the water and lemonade into a cup and microwaved it for about
50 seconds to get it hot.

    Jim Murawski
    Sr. Software Engineer               (412) 268-2650  [office]
    Administrative Computing and        (412) 268-6868  [fax]
         Information Services           jjm+@andrew.cmu.edu
    Carnegie Mellon University          Office: UCC 155
    4910 Forbes Avenue
    Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3890

    "Le Mieux!  Le Magnifique!  Soixante Six!  Claude...NON!"

    There are 1435 days until Bill Clinton leaves office.