RECIPES: Austrailian Bread and Teff Bread (1&2 of 7)

tessi!hpupora!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!amy
Sat, 24 Nov 90 14:47:20 PST
v001.n005.2
These are recipes 1 and 2 (of 7) from the sheet put out by Narsai
 David. He is a KCBS (740 AM) San Francisco radio personality, and
 his food show is broadcast week nights at 7 pm. He also does the
 KCBS Saturday Kitchen at 10 am. The station has a very strong
 signal, so during the winter after the change to daylight savings
 time I can hear the evening program in Los Angeles (it comes in
 better in the car than the house).

              Austrailian Bread

 1/2 cup rye flour or oat flour
 2 cups bread flour or all-purpose flour
 4 tablespoons cracked wheat
 1 teaspoon salt
 4 tablespoons flax seeds, lightly toasted
 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted
 1 tablespoon malt or molasses
 1 tablespoon oil
 1 cup water
 1-1/2 teaspoons dry yeast

	          Teff Bread

 Teff is a very tasty grain used for thousands of years in
 Ethiopia. It is easily the tiniest grain I have ever seen and
 adds a delicious character to bread.

 2-1/4 cups bread flour or all-purpose flour
 3/4 cup teff grains or flour (if both are available, try using
 			some flour and some whole grain. The total amount
 			should still be 3/4 cup.)
 1 teaspoon salt
 1 tablespoon malt
 1 tablespoon oil
 1 cup water
 1-1/2 teaspoons dry yeast

 When set on a 13-hour cycle, the center collapses and makes a
 very dense loaf.

 Variation:

 2-1/4 cup flour
 1/4 cup poppy seed } excellent loft