Filipino Bread Rolls

Sat, 30 Dec 2017 13:28:32 -0800
v118.n001.5
Jeff & I have not made this recipe. I would like to ask you go to the
website and read the review by LemonLush before you make this. The
person says there are potential problems with the amounts of various
ingredients used. If you make this please let me know any fixes you
made so I can correct the recipe. Thanks.

* Exported from MasterCook *

                     Rolls, Filipino Bread (Pan de Sal)

Recipe By     :
Categories    : Bread Machine                   Breads/Muffins/Rolls
                 Ethnic                          Hand Made
                 Low Fat                         Side Dish
                 Snacks                          Stand Mixer

   2 1/2      teaspoons  active dry yeast
   3 1/4           cups  bread flour
      3/4      teaspoon  bread improver
      1/4           cup  sugar
      1/4      teaspoon  salt
   2        tablespoons  margarine
   2                     eggs
   1                cup  canned evaporated milk -- plus more for dipping
      1/2           cup  dry bread crumbs

Filipino

The dough for this rolls are made using a bread maker.  These rolls
taste fantastic, best I've ever had. Bread improver is easy to find
in some countries, but if it is not available, you may leave it out.

Prep: 3 hr
Cook: 8 min
Total: 3:08

Place the yeast, bread flour, bread improver, sugar, salt, margarine,
eggs, and 1 cup of evaporated milk into a bread machine in the order
recommended by the manufacturer. Select the Dough cycle, and press start.

When the cycle has ended, remove the dough from the machine, and form
into 2" balls. Dip each ball in the remaining evaporated milk, then
in the dry bread crumbs. Place the rolls on a baking sheet crumb-side
up. Cover loosely with a cloth or plastic, and let rise until doubled
in size, about 30 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 350F (175C). Bake rolls for 8 minutes, or until
golden brown on the top and bottom.

Reviewer:  I let the rolls rise in a 150F oven for 30 minutes then
baked for about 8-9 minutes. I come from a Filipino family and
everyone just loved them, will make again and again! **UPDATE** I
just made these again using regular all-purpose flour (thought I had
bread flour but didn't) which I sifted. I've never used bread
improver because I can't find it in my area, these STILL turned out
wonderful. It's really hard to mess up this recipe!

S(Internet Address):
   "<http://allrecipes.com/recipe/71899/pan-de-sal-filipino-bread-rolls/>"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 137 Calories; 3g Fat (20.8%
calories from fat); 5g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary
Fiber; 25mg Cholesterol; 84mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 20117 - 1229