Brod and Taylor Proofer

Jeff Dwork <jeff@jeff-and-reggie.com>
Sun, 22 Oct 2017 22:27:23 -0700
v117.n041.5
Our house is never warm enough for bread to properly rise. We've used
our oven but rising conflicts with preheating. So we bought an
electric proofing box: Brod and Taylor Folding Proofer & Slow Cooker
<https://brodandtaylor.com/folding-proofer-and-slow-cooker/>.

It's big enough for an 8 quart pot when open and folds for storage.
The temperature range is 70 - 195F (21 - 90C) so it can be used
making yogurt, proofing dough and slow cooking. For proofing it has a
rack and water pan to maintain high humidity. We used it for the "5
minute artisanal bread" set at 83F. The humidity stayed high - the
dough surface didn't dry out even with no cover.

We're very happy with it and are looking forward to trying the
slow-cooker function. We got ours from Amazon. It's also sold by
Williams-Sonoma.

Jeff