Temperature Probes and pizza steels

Jeff Dwork <jeff@jeff-and-reggie.com>
Sun, 08 Oct 2017 21:12:47 -0700
v117.n039.1
Thanks to Will Waller for his post last week about temperature
control <https://bread-bakers.com/msgs/v117n038/msg00005.html>. I
bought one from Thermoworks. We thought our oven ran hot, now we know
by how much.

I got the 'Smoke' model. It has two displays with min/max tracking
and alarms and a wireless remote display. It comes with a blunt
open-air probe with grate clip and a pointed probe for meat. If you
buy one, order direct from Thermoworks <http://www.thermoworks.com/>.
Amazon, eBay, WalMart, etc are not authorized dealers - anything
found there is either overpriced, counterfeit or both.

It took a bit of bending to get the open-air clip to work with my
oven rack - it's designed for the narrower spacing of a grill grate.
I have it hanging down from the rack.

Will - how thick is your pizza steel?

Jeff