Re: silicone steam bread baker

Jeff Dwork <jeff@jeff-and-reggie.com>
Sun, 14 May 2017 22:53:39 -0700
v117.n019.6
We bought a Lekue Silicone Bread Maker and tried it today. We used a
recipe from the instruction book:

******

Easy to Make No-Knead Bread

400g      wheat flour
360ml     water
2 Tbsp    olive oil
1/2 tsp   salt
1 1/4 tsp yeast

Pour all the ingredients into the bread maker. Mix together. Close
the bread maker and cover with at cloth. Set aside overnight. Bake in
a preheated oven for 40 min at 220C. Remove bread from the mould and
turn over. Continue baking bottom up for 10 min or until done.

******

The dough fermented for 12 hours. It looked a bit dry at the ends.
Our room humidity is not high, temperature around 73F last night.

The result was one of the worst loaves we've ever baked. There was no
rise. The crust on the bottom and around the edges on top was hard.
In the top center the bread had split and was barely cooked. It would
have been impossible to turn the loaf upside down without it breaking in half.

We'll try again using the recipe from the Amazon reviewer that was in
last week's digest. We'll let it rise in a container covered with
plastic wrap to keep it from drying and transfer to the Lekue for baking.

Jeff & Reggie