Soft Cinnamon Swirl Bread

maybelle <maybelle0101@gmail.com>
Mon, 13 Feb 2017 14:51:44 -0800
v117.n007.1
Here's a link to one of my favorite recipes for cinnamon swirl bread. You
can thank my daughter for finding this recipe.

I have made this recipe in the bread machine by halving the recipe. I then
roll out the dough and follow the recipe as given in the recipe.

Link:
http://www.thecomfortofcooking.com/2014/11/soft-cinnamon-swirl-bread.html

Mary

--
Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.

Mark Twain found at Wikiquote under the Creative Commons 3.0 license.

-----

* Exported from MasterCook *

                         Bread, Soft Cinnamon Swirl

Recipe By     :
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Breakfast                       Desserts
                 Posted                          Snacks

                         Dough
   2           packages  active dry yeast -- 1/2 oz total
      1/3           cup  warm water
   1                cup  warm milk
      1/2           cup  sugar -- granulated
   2              large  eggs -- lightly beaten
   6        Tablespoons  unsalted butter -- softened
   1 1/2      teaspoons  kosher salt
   5 1/2           cups  all-purpose flour -- to 6 cups
                         Cinnamon-sugar swirl
      1/2           cup  sugar -- granulated
   2        Tablespoons  ground cinnamon

In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add milk, sugar, eggs,
butter, salt and 2 1/2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Gradually stir
in enough remaining flour (3 to 3 1/2 more cups) to form a soft dough.

Turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about
6-8 minutes (You can also knead with a stand mixer fitted with the
dough hook). Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.

Punch dough down; divide in half. Roll each half into an 18-inch x
8-inch rectangle. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 2 Tbsp. cinnamon in a
small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over dough. Roll up each rectangle from
short side; pinch seam to seal. Place seam side down in two greased
9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until
doubled, about 1 1/2 hours.

Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from
pans and cool on wire racks. Brush warm loaves with additional melted butter.

Note: You can also knead the dough with an electric stand mixer
fitted with the dough hook.

Source:
   "<http://www.thecomfortofcooking.com/2014/11/soft-cinnamon-swirl-bread.html>,
originally from "Quick Cooking" Mar/Apr 1999, pg 42, via
<http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cinnamon-swirl-bread>"
Yield:
   "2 loaves"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 133 Calories; 3g Fat (20.0%
calories from fat); 3g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
20mg Cholesterol; 97mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.