Re: Apple Cinnamon Raisin Bread

Debbie Rogers <dmrogers218@hotmail.com>
Tue, 17 Jan 2017 23:19:05 +0000
v117.n003.1
Some of the ingredients aren't totally doubled (water, yeast, bread flour)
in the recipe for the 2 lb loaf of Apple Cinnamon Raisin Bread.  Just
making sure that wasn't an error.  Also, I have some apple cider that I would
like to use in place of the apple juice.  Would I use the same amounts?

Thank you!

[[Editor's notes: In the USA and parts of Canada, apple juice and apple
cider are essentially the same. Apple juice is filtered, cider is not.
Outside of this region, 'cider' is fermented and alcoholic (what is
called 'hard cider' in the USA). If what you have is non-alcoholic,
it's completely interchangeable with apple juice.

While the loaf size is doubled, the amount of flour isn't. The ratio is
4/2.5 = 1.6. The liquid is the total of water + juice and the ratio is
1.25/0.75 = 1.66. Salt ratios is 1.66, raisins and yeast 2, oil and
sugar 2.5. I assume Red Star made adjustments to get the best results
with all the different preparation methods.]]