Cottage Cheese Pan Rolls

Joan Ross <butterflyflour@gmail.com>
Thu, 10 Nov 2016 05:31:27 -0500
v116.n042.8
I have had this unusal recipe for so many years. Everyone loves the
rolls and never guesses cottage cheese is in the recipe!

Cottage Cheese Pan Rolls

2 pkts active dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water
3 cups plain cottage cheese
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs room temperature
1/2 cup warm water
6 cups or more all purpose flour

Dissolve yeast in the warm water till foamy. Heat the cottage cheese
until warm, along with sugar, salt, baking soda and one half cup of
water. I use the microwave to do this but one can use the stove top
too. Then add the dissolved yeast and mix in 1 cup of flour with an
electric mixer to combine very well and smooth. Gradually stir in by
hand enough additional flour to make a soft elastic dough.

Place dough in an oiled bowl, cover and let rise double and light in
a warm place.
Punch down dough and divide into 24 pieces.
Roll pieces into a ball shape.
Place the balls into two greased 9 inch pan and cover and let rise
double about 45 minutes in a warm place.
Bake in a preheated 350F oven 20 minutes or until golden and done.
Remove rolls from pans to cool.
Rolls are dense but moist textured and most delicious.
The cottage cheese gives a good flavor
You can also bake the rolls ,12, in a 9 by 13 pan.
These also freeze well.
Yield 12 rolls