90 Minute Man Bread

Thu, 08 Sep 2016 20:12:34 -0700
v116.n033.3
* Exported from MasterCook *

                             Bread, 90 Minute Man

Recipe By     :Tiffany
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                  Low Fat                         Posted
                  Sandwiches                      Side Dish
                  Snacks

    1 1/2           cups  warm water -- (105-115F)
    1               Tbsp  honey
    2 1/4            tsp  active dry yeast
    2               Tbsp  coconut oil -- melted
    4               cups  bread flour
    1 1/2            tsp  salt

This may be the BEST and easiest sandwich bread we've ever made.

If your kitchen is not warm, turn your oven to low. This is simply to
warm your kitchen up a little bit (since it's cool where we live).

In your mixer bowl add warm water, honey and yeast. Stir a few times
until honey dissolves. Once yeast starts foaming (5 minutes or so),
add flour, melted coconut oil, and salt. Using dough hook, knead for
10 minutes on low/medium low. Leave your dough ball in the bowl and
cover with a towel. Let rise for 30 minutes.

After the first rise, lightly flour a surface and scoop your dough
ball on it. Knead your lump of dough by hand a few times, until it
forms a firm ball. Cover this ball of dough with a towel.

Preheat oven to 400F. If you have a pizza stone, make sure this is in
the oven to warm up. Alternatively, you can use a cast iron skillet
while the oven is preheating - as one reader had great luck with!
(Note: We have only tested this recipe with a pizza stone.)

Let rise for 30 minutes.

After the second rise, place dough ball directly on pizza stone, cut
two slits on the top of the dough ball and bake for 25 minutes at
400F. If you are using a loaf or cast iron skillet, the cook time may
need to be increased an additional 10-15 minutes. (bread is done when
the internal temp is 220F).

Let cool and enjoy.

NOTES:
*We move this dough from the counter to the pizza stone, but if you
don't feel confident in that transition, flour a piece of parchment
paper and shape the dough on that for the second rise. Then move the
entire paper with the dough to the oven for baking.

Tips:
If you don't have bread flour, you can make your own. Add 1 Tbsp
vital wheat gluten to 1 cup of all-purpose flour.

If you don't have or want to use coconut oil, you can use melted
butter or olive oil, although the flavor will be slightly different.

If you're on the hunt for a great pizza stone, we use this
super-thick one. It's over 5 years old, been through hundreds of
pizza nights and is still going strong.

Plus it makes your pizza and bread taste pro-artisan (a.k.a. makes
you look like you know what you're doing).

Note from Tiff: If you don't have a pizza stone and don't want a
boule shape, we're pretty sure you can shape this and use a
traditional bread loaf pan. We haven't tested it though, so beware of
the super-large sized loaf above. You might want to split this recipe
into two loaves if you go the loaf pan route.

Source:
    "dontwastethecrumbs.com"
S(Internet Address):
    "http://dontwastethecrumbs.com/2015/06/90-minute-man-bread/";

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 115 Calories; 2g Fat (14.5%
calories from fat); 3g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary
Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 161mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2
Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

Serving Ideas : Despite its size, it holds up to the hacking of a
knife and smearing of butter and peanut butter very well.