Whole Wheat Biscuits

Megan Lee <meggers616@gmail.com>
Fri, 1 Jul 2016 20:30:22 -0400
v116.n023.7
Source: "100 Days of Real Food"
http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2010/04/08/super-easy-recipe-whole-wheat-biscuits/

SUPER EASY WHOLE WHEAT BISCUITS
SERVES: 8-10 BISCUITS

INGREDIENTS

    - 2 cups whole wheat flour (I used King Arthur's white whole
wheat organic flour) or whole-wheat pastry flour
    - 4 teaspoons baking powder
    - 1/2 teaspoon salt
    - 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
    - 1 cup milk (any kind)

INSTRUCTIONS

1. In a medium sized bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix
well with whisk or fork.

2. Cut the 1/2 stick butter into little pea sized pieces and then
mixthe pieces into the flour mixture.

3. Using a fork, try to mash the butter pieces as you mix it together
with the flour until it resembles coarse crumbs. It is okay if the
outcome just looks like the same pea sized pieces of butter covered with flour.

4. Then pour in the milk and mix it all together. Knead the dough
with your hands 8 to 10 times and then turn out onto a counter or
cutting board.

5. Pat it out flat with your hands until the dough is a somewhat even
3/4 inch thickness (sprinkle with a little flour if necessary).

6. Turn a drinking glass upside down and cut out biscuit rounds. I
have also used shaped cookie cutters (like a heart or star) if you
have little ones helping you!

7. Then put them on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 450 degrees
for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Enjoy!

NOTES
We recommend organic ingredients
<http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2013/05/02/what-to-buy-organic/>
when feasible.