Pumpkin Molasses Bread

Fri, 04 Mar 2016 09:53:48 -0800
v116.n006.1
* Exported from MasterCook *

                           Bread, Pumpkin Molasses

Recipe By     :
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Breads/Muffins/Rolls
                  Posted                          Side Dish
                  Snacks

    15                oz  pumpkin puree -- canned
    3              large  eggs
       1/2           cup  vegetable oil
       1/2           cup  milk
       1/2           cup  molasses
    1 1/2           cups  sugar
    1               Tbsp  pumpkin pie spice
    3               cups  all-purpose flour
    2                tsp  baking powder
    1 1/2            tsp  salt

It tastes like eating pumpkin pie, but in muffin form :).

Preheat the oven to 350F. In a large bowl whisk together the pumpkin,
eggs, oil, milk, molasses, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice until very smooth.

In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir
very well. Pour the flour mixture into the bowl with the wet
ingredients and stir just until evenly combined (try not to over stir
or the end product will be gummy).

Pour the batter into a loaf pan coated with non-stick spray and bake
for one hour or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out
clean. Allow the bread to cool completely before slicing.

Also:  I just used cinnamon (didn't have pumpkin pie spice), and it
worked well. I baked them for around 18-20 minutes, having split the
batter into 18 muffins.

Can add a cup of chopped pecans to one of my loaves and it was divine.

Source:
    "Budget Bytes"
S(Internet Address):
    "http://www.budgetbytes.com/2012/11/pumpkin-molasses-bread/";
Start to Finish Time:
    "1:10"
T(Cook Time):
    "1:00"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 366 Calories; 11g Fat (27.0%
calories from fat); 6g Protein; 62g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
54mg Cholesterol; 378mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 Fat; 2 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.