Bread Machine Pumpkin Pecan Pepper Bread

Sun, 01 Nov 2015 12:42:48 -0800
v115.n044.6
* Exported from MasterCook *

                   Bread Machine Pumpkin Pecan Pepper Bread

Recipe By     :Sharon in Santa Barbara
Categories    : Bread Machine                   Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                  Breads                          Holidays
                  Nuts                            Posted

       1/2           cup  Pumpkin -- mashed  or squash (canned is fine)
       1/4           cup  Buttermilk -- or sourcream, plain yogurt
    1                 lg  Egg
    1         tablespoon  Dark corn syrup -- or molasses
    2        tablespoons  unsalted butter
       1/2      teaspoon  Ground cinnamon
    1           teaspoon  Coarsely ground black pepper -- (optional)*
    1           teaspoon  Kosher salt
    2 1/4           cups  Unbleached all-purpose flour
    2          teaspoons  Yeast
    1                cup  Pecans

This was adapted from a class by Lora Brody.  She made rolls topped
with pecans and pepper.  I made the recipe as a loaf of bread and
included the pecans with all the other ingredients at the beginning
of the cycle. Turned out great.

This is a great loaf for Thanksgiving!

*Note: I think more pepper would make a spicier loaf - I would use 2
tsp next time.

   In the Welbuilt R2D2 I used a sweet bread setting with a light crust.

Source:
    "Lora Brody Class"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 215 Calories; 10g Fat (43.0%
calories from fat); 5g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
28mg Cholesterol; 206mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.