wonder bread

Fri, 27 Mar 2015 20:23:50 -0700
v115.n012.10
Fairly recently someone asked for a recipe for homemade "wonder" type
bread.  Well, I just came across this.  I have not made it but if you
do I hope it is what you are looking for.  Please let us know how it
turned out and if it really was like wonder bread or not.

Thanks,
Reggie

* Exported from MasterCook *

                     Bread Machine Homemade Wonder Bread

Recipe By     :Khandi Howard
Categories    : Bread                           Bread Machine
                  Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Low Fat

    2 1/2      teaspoons  active dry yeast
       1/4           cup  warm water -- (110F)
    1         tablespoon  granulated sugar
    4               cups  all-purpose flour
       1/4           cup  instant potato flakes
       1/4           cup  powdered milk
    2          teaspoons  salt
       1/4           cup  white sugar
    2        tablespoons  butter -- or 2 tablespoons margarine
    1                cup  warm water

Whisk together the yeast, 1/4 cup warm water and sugar.

Allow to sit for 15 minutes.

Add ingredients in the order suggested by your manufacturer,
including the yeast mixture.

Select the basic and light crust setting.

A white bread recipe without a strong yeast flavor.

Proofing the yeast first eliminates some of the yeast taste from the
final product.

Makes 2 lb loaf. (956g each)

    "This bread is most like the soft white bread that you buy at the
store. If you like a softer crust, butter the top and put in a zip-loc bag."
Source:
    "food.com"
S(Internet Address):
    "http://www.food.com/recipe/homemade-wonder-bread-92282";
Start to Finish Time:
    "3:15"
T(Cook Time):
    "3:00"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 125 Calories; 2g Fat (13.4%
calories from fat); 3g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
5mg Cholesterol; 233mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.