Re: wet no-knead

Will Waller <williamwaller@charter.net>
Mon, 23 Feb 2015 16:57:00 -0600
v115.n009.7
I have some ideas. They are based on cooking 68%-70% (relatively wet)
doughs twice a week.

1) move to a covered aluminum casserole or sauce pot for your bake.
Cast iron is dark and pushes the crust faster than the crumb. You can
find aluminum casseroles at Goodwill or other second hand stores.

2) move your rack to the middle of the oven. Set the temp to 400F.
Make the covered bake phase about 15 minutes, uncover and bake
another 20-25 minutes at 425F.

3) make sure you have slashed the dough properly. You want an
unrestricted "bloom" in the oven to facilitate thorough baking

4) review your dough handling strategy. Are you doing 3-4 stretch and
folds before shaping for final proof?  If not, do so.

Will