Re: cornbread

<redfox@suddenlink.net>
Thu, 16 Oct 2014 5:43:25 -0500
v114.n041.3
You will never know how good Cornbread can be until you use this old
fashioned recipe given to me by Bridget in Oklahoma. It was gleaned
from a 1940's cookbook.

2 cups yellow cornmeal
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt - I use sea salt
2 eggs beaten well
2 cups Buttermilk

Heat oven to 450F, put 2 tbsp bacon grease into  a (10) inch Cast
Iron frying Pan pan and let heat up while mixing the the ingredients.
Take HOT pan out of oven, be sure to have grease spread well, pour
mixture into the hot pan. It will start to puff up immediately! Bake
for 20 to 25 minutes. The older the Buttermilk, the better the
cornbread! I have baked this recipe in an eight inch (8") Cast Iron
pan after cutting all the above ingredients in half!  It works
perfectly and it holds together just fine.

Richard Young