Problem bread

Theresa de Valence <TdeV@bstw.com>
Thu, 02 Oct 2014 17:13:32 -0500
v114.n039.2
I made a bread in the bread machine where I substituted 1:1 persimmon
pulp for apple sauce. The bread looked great in the machine, a rich
yellow/orange and as big as can be. When the machine beeped that it
was finished, I took the pan out of the machine, tapped the bucket on
the side to loosen the bread . . . and the whole thing collapsed. I
turned it over onto the other side to tap it again, and it just collapsed more.

Any ideas what happened?

(My machine is a Zojirushi)

The recipe is from THE BREAD MACHINE MAGIC BOOK OF HELPFUL HINTS by
Rehberg and Conway.

APPLESAUCE RYE BREAD
1 cup sweetened applesauce (substituted 1 cup persimmon pulp and 1 T sugar)
1/4 c water and 1 T water
2 T molasses
1/2 t salt
2 T butter