Questions on Skillet Cornbread

mt <mt@lockedbags.org>
Sat, 27 Sep 2014 19:55:45 +1000
v114.n038.4
Thank you Reggie for the Southern Cornbread recipe you posted earlier
this year, which brought back memories of what I baked a few times,
and enjoyed tremendously, (many) years back.

I should clarify I'm an Italian-Australian and have therefore no
background on skillet corn bread - but back then, I was using a
recipe from a friend, adapted to the ingredients I had available at
the time. Sadly I can't find that recipe anymore, and none of those
I've come across recently seem tobe it.

So, here's my questions:

1. With buttermilk not being available, can it be substituted with skim milk?

2. I seem to remember adding some vinegar to the batter: would this
make sense when buttermilk is not available??

3. In your experience, does cornbread behave/taste differently when
white flour is added? (Again, I'm not at all sure, but I have a
feeling the recipe I used only had corn flour in it)

TIA! :-)

marina