Cranberry Orange Muffins

Wed, 03 Sep 2014 10:53:12 -0700
v114.n036.2
* Exported from MasterCook *

                       Bread, Cranberry Orange Muffins

Recipe By     :
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Breads/Muffins/Rolls
                  Nuts

    1         tablespoon  orange zest
    1 1/4           cups  fresh cranberries -- (frozen is okay too).
    1 1/4           cups  unbleached all-purpose flour
       1/4           cup  whole wheat flour
       1/2           cup  sugar
    2          teaspoons  baking powder
       1/2      teaspoon  salt
    1                     egg -- beaten
       2/3           cup  milk
       1/4           cup  canola oil -- and
                          fruit
    6        tablespoons  chopped walnuts -- optional
                          Topping:
    1                cup  all-purpose flour
       3/4           cup  rolled oats -- (not instant)
       2/3           cup  light brown sugar
    1           teaspoon  cinnamon
    1              pinch  salt
    1              stick  cold butter

As with all muffin batter, mix gently until just combined. Don't
overmix. (I omitted the 6 T chopped walnuts).

..cut all this together until it's clumpy. I ended up with extra
topping so you can make a little less if you want or save it for
later. The instructions say to bake the 12 muffins at 400F for 15-20
minutes. Since I've had bad luck with muffins at 400F, I baked them
at 375F and they were fine.

Note: This muffin isn't very sweet or like those "muffins" you find
at coffeeshops that are actually cupcakes with a few bran bits thrown
in. This is an old-fashioned muffin with tart cranberries!

    "(Whole Foods Market Store Recipe)"
Source:
    "The Food Librarian"
S(Internet address):
    "http://www.foodlibrarian.com/2008/11/whole-foods-recipe-cranberry-orange.html";

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 328 Calories; 16g Fat (42.8%
calories from fat); 6g Protein; 42g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
40mg Cholesterol; 276mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 3 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.