Re: sunflower bread

Mike Avery <mavery@mail.otherwhen.com>
Wed, 03 Sep 2014 20:49:18 -0500
v114.n035.4
Were there chunks of sunflower seeds in the bread, or was the texture
pretty consistent?

If there were chunks, I'd bet more on a long rise than sunflower flour.

You might consider a blender or food processor for grinding the
seeds. Also, roasting most seeds intensifies the flavor.

Do you know if it was a rye bread, wheat bread, mixed flours, or
"other"?  If it was a grocery store bread, do you remember the name
of the bread?  In Europe, as in the USA,  food manufacturers have to
list ingredients in order of quantity on the labels.  With a name,
maybe we could look for a web site and run it through babelfish or
Bing Translate.

-Mike.

*Bake With Mike <http://www.bakewithmike.com>*
Mike Avery

A Randomly Selected Bread Saying Of The Day:
Make do with bread and butter till God brings the jam.
- Berber Saying