Greasing loaf pans, Bernard Clayton, & NY Times

"Phyllis O'Neil" <phyllis.oneil@gmail.com>
Sun, 27 Apr 2014 19:43:12 -0700
v114.n018.1
I've used olive oil or vegetable oil a few times to grease my loaf
pans, but it seems that the bread doesn't want to release well. So
now I use butter. Was wondering if people use oil and how it works out.

I rarely hear references to Bernard Clayton and his bread books here.
He tends to use a lot of yeast, at least in my opinion. I just tried
his rice bread with molasses and currants, and it turned out well.
Any fans out there?

Nice bread stories in the April 23 New York Times.

Best regards,
Phyllis
Santa Monica, CA