Storing Homemade Bread

Thu, 27 Mar 2014 13:06:46 -0700
v114.n013.6
How do you store the breads you make??  We have not been having much
luck lately.  They all seem to mold very quickly.  We store the
finished breads individually in plastic, see-through boxes with a
tight fitting lid.  Winter temps in our house is around 68F and
summer as low as we can get it.  We live in California's Central
Valley - warm and mostly dry ... summer temps outside are often over 100F.

                           Bread, Storing Homemade

All loaves, even crusty hearth breads, can be stored in plastic
wraps, though the crust would soften.  Bread boxes and dry, cool
ventilated drawers or containers are also acceptable.  Use a baking
soda solution or bleach water to cleanse storage areas of any
possible off-odors, which the bread could easily absorb.  Refrigation
tends to dry out bread, but will-wrapped loaves can be frozen for up
to 3 months.  Once thawed, however, they dry out more rapidly than
fresh bakedbread.

Source:
    "Joy of Cooking"