Slow Cooker Pumpkin-Cranberry Bread

"Sonia Martinez" <cubanwahine@hawaii.rr.com>
Mon, 2 Dec 2013 09:05:07 -1000
v113.n044.4
This was a sweet bread someone shared in their blog just before
Thanksgiving... I made it to take to a potluck and everyone loved it.

Sonia

Slow Cooker Pumpkin-Cranberry Bread

Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 2 hours on high

Nonstick cooking spray
2 eggs
3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used natural unsweetened applesauce)
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup fresh cranberries (or frozen, thawed)
1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/4 cup pecans, chopped and toasted (I used more, see below)

Coat the crockery liner of a 4-quart slow cooker (mine is 3 1/2) with
cooking spray; set aside.  In a medium bowl combine eggs, pumpkin,
sugar and oil (or applesauce); set aside.

In a large bowl stir together the 1 2/3 cups flour, pumpkin pie
spice, baking soda and salt.  Add pumpkin mixture all at once to
flour mixture; stir just until combined.

In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup cranberries and 1 tablespoon flour;
toss gently to coat.  Gently fold cranberries into batter.

Spoon batter into prepared cooker (cooker will only be about one
fourth full if using a 4 quart cooker, less so with a 6 quart).  Top
with the remaining cranberries and the pecans.

Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near
the center comes out clean.

*When removing lid, lift carefully so condensation from lid does not
drip on the bread.

Remove crockery liner from slow cooker.  Cool, uncovered, on a wire
rack for 10 minutes.  Loosen sides of bread, and use a wide spatula
to lift bread from cooker.  Cool completely on the wire rack

Sonia's notes: I used a 3 1/2 quart stock pot instead of 4 quart so
my bread rose nicely into a very pretty dome.  I also added some
chopped pecans to the batter besides the ones on top.  Very moist and
delicious!

SOURCE: Better Homes & Gardens Holiday Slow Cooker Issue